Two more hand themselves over in Ngcobo shooting massacre case

Two men believed to be leaders of the Seven Angels Ministries Church‚ which is at the centre of the death of 13 people this past week‚ have handed themselves over to the Ngcobo police where one of them was arrested on the spot.

EASTERN CAPE, 2016/02/18, BUST: Seven sons of the Angels Ministries in Ngcobo, Easten Cape of the late church founder, Siphiwo Mancoba, who call themselves “Angels” and run the church, his sons are Phutumile, Banele, Philile, Thandazile, Xolisa, Ephraim, Benjamin – stand with their mother, Noluvo Mancoba. Social workers remove underage children from their parents at the controversial Angels Ministries in Ngcobo, Easten Cape infront of the congregation. Allegations are rife that the children are prohibited from attending school and the adults are not allowed to work. Picture: Adrian de Kock

Eastern Cape provincial Hawks spokesperson Captain Anelisa Feni said one of the two suspects was not charged and was released. “We can confirm that they handed themselves over yesterday but only one has been released while the other one has been arrested.”

Feni said another suspect was arrested by the police task team on Sunday. This brings the number of suspects nabbed in connection with the murder of five policemen and a soldier to 12.

Eastern Cape provincial police spokesman Khaya Tonjeni confirmed that 12 suspects would appear in court on Monday on charges of murder‚ attempted murder and illegal possession of weapons and ammunition.

In the early hours of Wednesday morning‚ five policemen were killed when gunmen stormed the Ngcobo police station and opened fire and stole 10 firearms. The police retaliated 65 hours later by killing seven suspects linked to the police mass murder and recovered the weapons.

Killer cult nailed as police storm church in late-night raid

The court appearance has been set for 2pm on Monday at the Ngcobo Magistrate’s Court.

Media houses have applied for permission to use cameras inside the court and carry live broadcasts from the court.

National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Luxolo Tyali also confirmed on Monday morning that the NPA officials were also busy sorting out charge sheets and dockets of the suspects‚ resulting in the delay.

By: Lulamile Feni And Malibongwe Dayimani – DispatchLIVE

Source: TMG Digital.

Leave a Reply