AN ELDERLY Port Alfred man who has endured several robberies was mugged yet again last Friday.
Jimmy McQuirk, a former municipal meter reader, was heading to his home in Southwell Road at around 1pm when two men dressed in black accosted him from behind and took his wallet containing R50.
He pressed a panic button after the incident and MultiSecurity responded. SAPS was also alerted and opened a case.
McQuirk has previously been attacked and robbed at his home and in his yard.
- A Wesley Hill resident had a nasty surprise last Wednesday when two men entered her home through the back door into the kitchen and stole all her remotes for the alarm system. MultiSecurity responded and informed the police.
- Burglars broke into a house in Van der Riet Street last Saturday and stole a laptop, shoes, a watch and clothes.
MultiSecurity responded to an alarm next door when they found out about the burglary. The burglars had forced open a window and cut through the burglar bars.
- In another recent crime report, MultiSecurity reported that a mugger sneaked up on an employee at Highway Motors/ Buddy Burgers while she was sleeping under a tree on her lunch break, and stole her cellphone which was hidden in her bra.
Another person at the garage witnessed it and gave chase. MultiSecurity assisted and caught the mugger, who was handed over the police.
- MultiSecurity responded to numerous reports of suspicious activity, noises or barking dogs sparking fears of intruders over the past week.
- Stray cattle were reported on Bathurst Street near the Mooifontein Road turnoff on Sunday. MultiSecurity control room alerted the fire department. Response officers later reported that the cattle had gone and the road was clear.