A MAN grabbed money out of a till at a butchery in the Port Alfred industrial area on Tuesday, getting away with about R400.
MultiSecurity responded to a panic signal and gave chase to the robber, who was wearing a red torn shirt with navy blue pants and was described as having teeth missing.
But the man ran into the bush and got away.
- A man was caught shoplifting R120 worth of pork at Nemato Spar in Biscay Road last Thursday morning.
MultiSecurity and police responded and a case was opened.
- When police stopped a Black Chevy Spark driving recklessly in the early hours of Saturday morning, they found a mysterious orange box in the car, which was later linked to a break-in.
Police asked the two men in the car whose box it was and where it came from, but the men could not answer. After taking the two men to the station, one changed his mind and said he would show them where it came from.
The man directed them to a house in Tuna Road and showed them a broken window. Police asked MultiSecurity to secure the scene. It turned out to be the same premises a MultiSecurity response officer had attended just 45 minutes earlier after an alarm went off. At the time, all seemed in order at the property.
The owner was informed of the break-in and permission sought to post a guard overnight.
- A Crane Crescent resident pushed a panic button in her home after surprising an intruder who had broken in through the back door in the early hours of Monday morning.
MultiSecurity responded and alerted the police. The intruder fled into the bushes and could not be found. Nothing was stolen.
- A North Street resident reported to MultiSecurity that his home had been broken into between Thursday and Friday last week, but nothing appeared to have been stolen.
His lounge window was broken. He also declined to open a case as he had four other cases pending.
- There was an attempted robbery at a takeaway in Biscay Road on Tuesday evening.
The owner pushed a panic button and MultiSecurity responded. The owner reported that three men who attempted to rob him had fled after he pushed the panic button.