PORT ALFRED – 17 – 20 DECEMBER 2016
The first preliminary planning meeting was held today (13.9.2016) between event organizers, Michael Zoetmulder of ZSports Events, Zwelinzima Nkwinti, Dave Lawson, Sunshine Coast tourism and Ndlambe Municipality officials.
It is intended that Amazing Events becomes an annual event, aimed at engaging locals and visitors alike, and attracting visitors from out of town to Port Alfred.
An exciting preliminary programme of 12 events, to be held over this period was revealed. The dates and times of the individual events will be released at a later stage, as will the venue and route:
- Beach Volley Ball: 32 National teams will compete
- Beach Soccer: Teams drawn from the local community.
- Body Boarding: A competition will take place at East Beach, Port Alfred
- Surfing: Surfing competition will be held at East Beach, Port Alfred
- Jet Ski Races: A national event to be held in the ocean off East / West Beach.
- Rubber Duck Races: A national event to be held in the ocean off East / West Beach.
- Anything that Floats: A favourite, and fun filled event planned on the Kowie River
- Tube Race: A fun event, to be held in the Kowie River
- Kowie River Mile: This popular and well established event will form part of the Amazing Events
- Last Man Standing: A swimathon
- Mountain Bike Race: This event will take place in the Port Alfred area
- Night Mile Run: A fun run, details of the course to be released at a later stage
The full details of each of the above events will be communicated as soon as routes are confirmed. Each of the events will be run by individual organizers under the management of ZSPORTS, Zwelinzima Nkwinti and Dave Lawson and will be marketed under the banner “Amazing Events”.