30 December 2019
The Sarel Hayward Dam level has dropped to less than +6%.
Day Zero has arrived!
There is insufficient capacity for all the water pumps to operate. The following measures have been taken:
- Water is being switched off, and later restored, to all areas in Port Alfred every day. This is determined by capacity and demand, thus a schedule cannot be compiled.
- The East Bank dune pump and the boreholes in the Mooifontein area are supplying water at a very limited capacity.
- A Reverse Osmosis plant is being investigated and a statement will be issued later this week.
- The use of hosepipes and buckets for the washing of cars and boats is strictly prohibited.
- Drought water tariffs have been implemented. Household usage should be limited to 50 litres per person per day. We encourage people to check their water meters daily to determine current usage.
- We urge everyone to save as much water as possible. Please adhere to water restrictions.
Ndlambe Municipality and Sunshine Coast Tourism